Monday, February 14, 2011

The Steve Addazio Meet and Greet

The Gator and the Hooter

... Important days ahead for Temple football: Thursday, Feb. 17, The Steve Addazio Meet and Greet ... March 23 ... opening day of football practice ... Saturday, April 16, Cherry and White game .... Thursday night, Sept. 3, Temple 55, Villanova 3 ...


My friends who have met Steve Addazio says the man is infectious, so I guess I'll have to use the Dial Anti-bacterial soap I have in my gym bag before meeting coach for the first time on Thursday.
Err, maybe not.
"Mike, I mean his enthusiasm is infectious," my friend, Ted, said.
I usually don't make very many Temple basketball games (I did see the win over Georgetown, though), but I will be going this Thursday, 5:30-6:30, for the Steve Addazio Meet and Greet. So, since I'm there, I will go see the Owls play Richmond in an important hoops game that night.
Al Golden was very good with these types of things and I hear that Addazio is even better.
All I really care about, though, is Steve pounding the heck out of Villanova to jump-start our season and he and his Owligator staff finding a way to beat Penn State with Temple talent.
That's what it will take to shake a Temple fan base that has been encrusted deep into the Earth's core for the last 30 years. Not even a million meet and greets can match what those six hours of football can do.
The university has released this on the night's events:
Join fellow Temple fans for a meet and greet with Temple's new head football coach: Steve Addazio.

Temple Athletics: Meet and Greet with Coach Addazio

Thursday, Feb. 17
5:30-6:30 PM

Liacouras Center, Fox-Gittis Room
1776 N. Broad St.
Philadelphia
Light refreshments will be provided.


Steve Addazio - Announced as Temple's new football coach on Dec. 23, 2010, Addazio helped the University of Florida win two BCS National Championships in the last five years (2006 and 2008). He is Temple's 25th head football coach and most recently served as the associate head coach and offensive coordinator for the Gators during the 2010 season.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Deadline for registering for this meet and greet is Tuesday, Feb. 15. Email: denise.fitzpatrick@temple.edu

NOTE: All attendees at this event can receive a voucher entitling them to a group priced ticket ($10 upper level, $15 lower level) to that evening's Temple-Richmond men's basketball game at the Liacouras Center! Attendance at the meet and greet is required to receive the ticket voucher.