Friday, April 29, 2011

(Fellow) Eagles' fans are in for a treat



Jarrett's hit at 0:23 of this video is the greatest I've ever seen, high school, college or pro.

My weekends are pretty much set around a Temple game in person on Saturday and an Eagles' game by the TV on Sunday.
Those two days seem to go by in like five minutes.
That's why I could not be happier for my main man Jaiquawn Jarrett today after the Eagles selected him in the second round.
Or myself.
As a Temple fan, I am going to miss him leaving the family.
As an Eagles' fan, I'm going to adopt him as my favorite player.
The Eagles have missed that hard-hitting safety since Brian Dawkins left. They haven't had anybody who could bring the wood since.
I really believe UConn lost its will to win after that hit. The Huskies did not want to get hit from that spot in the game forward.

Jarrett, to me, is a younger, faster, version of Brian Dawkins.

I said that all season. It wasn't surprising that Andy Reid said that at the press conference. Reid said a lot of other nice things about Temple, calling the school "an educational Mecca" and saying "that program is really rolling now."
I think the way it will eventually shake down is that Nate Allen will be a starting free safety (he's more of a floater-type cover guy anyway) and Jarrett will be moved to strong safety, where his primary cover responsibility will be tight ends.
He will do more than fine there.
"Temple is an educational Mecca"
_Andy Reid

His hit of Jordan Todman, a great back from UConn, in the above video is the single greatest hit I've ever seen. You get a flavor for it from the video, but you really had to be there to hear and see it in person and experience the crowd's awe-struck reaction afterward.
I really believe UConn lost its will to win after that hit. The Huskies did not want to get hit from that spot in the game forward.
That's what Jarrett brings to the game.
It is somewhat consoling to know that I will still see it on my weekends, albeit the second half this year.